Sunday, November 11, 2007

Just mundane things...

OK, so I'm still new to this whole blogging thing, and still trying to figure out if laundry and dishes qualify as good topics. If so, I would literally have mountains to talk about...but I'm pretty sure you all have the same things going on at your place too, so I'll just try to find some other "cottagey" stuff to talk about.
The beautiful weather lately has been so distracting. I try to get stuff done and then end up sitting and staring out the window at the kids playing in the treehouse or swinging on the swing. I have to confess, I did get on the rope swing the other day for a few minutes and it was like being a kid again myself. ( I was halfway scared it would break but it didn't.lol)
I do have a huge blessing to report...Ed has fixed our truck and got it running again, better than before. We found out we had a cracked head and instead of putting it in the shop (which would have been prohibitively expensive anyway) he got the parts and did the job himself. I learned a whole lot more about engines (ok, ok,... a little bit more about engines) and which tools to hand him. I'm a good "hang-out-and-hand-you-tools" type gal. And I honestly love the smell of engines. Isn't that weird? Maybe that's why I fell in love with him in the first place...when we first met he helped fix our car a couple different times. =)
Anyway, Thank the LORD, when it was all put back together, it cranked up with no problems and has run like a dream.
We are giving God the praise!

1 comment:

Holly said...

"love the smell of engines" Yes. That's weird. ;-)