Saturday, February 21, 2009

Late night posts

These late night posts seem to be the only kind I can do these days..if at all. I'm sure you have noticed. =)
  I just got done browsing a new blog that Ed put me on to...it was pretty neat. It's a husband/ wife photography team w/ 4 adorable kiddos. They run a home business, they also homeschool, homebirth, and are libertarian party. Plus, from what I can gather they are Christians.  Anyway, I've added them to my sites I like to visit. It never ceases to amaze me how many other people there are out there "like us". Know what I mean? Sometimes you get to thinking you are the only one....but it's not true. I just thank the Lord for His grace... and that He is so much bigger than we are. 

 In other news....the past couple weeks have been pretty crazy. We've spent time doing some work on Mom and Dad's house (did I already mention that?) and this week I made a birthday cake for Angie (John's fiance'). Her birthday was Thursday and we wanted to have a surprise party. I offered to do the cake as I enjoy doing it for birthdays. I'm nowhere near professional, don't get me wrong, but I like it and I figure it's good practice. I actually made fondant this time and worked with that, which is a first for me. It was really fun. Ed helped me with it alot too. he has such good ideas, and, of course, he usually is good about knowing structurally how something will work out, or ,what to do if....
 I'll post some pics of it for you who are interested.
  I also wanted to say that I'm working on a video of the house as I know several of you have asked to see pics of how I have decorated things, and....
   one other project, I'm going to be trying to put together a slide show of us over this past year. 
 So that will be coming soon. Hopefully!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Check out some of the blogs I have listed on mine. You'll find some more bloggers who are "like you" ;o) They are also great writers and very interesting. Although homebirthing is not for me I do find it very interesting. And amazing!! So I like to read other blogs of people who do homebirths and have more "natural" pregnancies. My chiropractor and his wife had their second child at home.