Thursday, February 14, 2008

news and more

Well, we had a good trip to Houma last week. It was actually a flying trip as Ed had to be back at work the next evening. But we all enjoyed it and Ky got to meet her other grandparents.
Even though it was a short trip it has still taken me awhile to recover. As in unpacking and catching up on laundry and housework...not to mention school. And Ed has been off all this time so I've wanted to spend as much time as I could with him. Speaking of which, we got to go on a date for the first time in a really long while. He took me to a Japanese restaurant, and it was a lot of fun.
This week I've been working on planning out the remaining months of school. I realize that it is still several months away but I feel like if I don't have all written out I won't get as much done or I may forget something I wanted to cover. I had hoped to have it all done before now, but somehow things never happen when I want them to...so you just gotta "go with the flow".
I think everyone (including me) is finally over all colds and ills. And I see evidence of spring being just around the corner. Although today and last night were REALLY cold again. Here in Mississippi you never know what the weather will be from one day to the next.
Actually, you never know what life will bring from one day to the next. As of this past week, Ed is going to be going back to school to get his associates degree as an RN. He has been considering it for awhile and finally felt peace about it. He will be going to Jones County Community College where he got his EMT training. Hopefully, by starting over the summer, he will be able to get his degree in 2 years. We are both excited about it but also know it will be hard work. Please pray that all the details work out if the Lord brings us to your mind.
So...that's us for now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jecca,
It's good to hear what's going on with y'all these days. So Ed's working on becoming a registered nurse. Wow! He must be excited about that. I thought that was so cute what Isaac said. It sounds like Grace. She's always coming up with the funniest stuff to say. Last night, we kept the kids while Nathan took Emily out to eat for Valentines Day. Grace behaved well only one time when they first got here she got in trouble for not obeying right away. Then when her parents got back they asked if she had been good and she responded right away, "NO, we were BAD." We laughed about it after they left. Anyway, this turned out to be more than just a comment. Love ya so much!!!!

Janell

Unknown said...

I'm glad you got to go out on a date. :) I hope all works out for Ed going back to get his RN degree. I enjoyed Janell's comment too. :) Love, Deb