Saturday, May 14, 2011

Hi, I'm back...

And it's not even been a month. =)
No, life has not slowed down any, but I guess it helps when I have my computer open on my desk and it's easy to just sit and type a minute. (Helps to have a clean desk too.)
It's been a week of proud, sad, and busy moments for the whole family. Got to go visit my newly married sister this week for the first time! It was so fun, and I just loved getting to see her cute little house and wedding gifts, etc. It's funny how, when something you've thought about and talked about for a long time finally happens, you experience this weird mix of emotions. On the one hand, it feels perfectly normal, and on the other you almost can't quite wrap your mind around it.
It's been the same with Pete and Holly. Pete commissioned as 2nd Lt. and graduated with his Master's in political science this week and we've also been helping them pack up their apt. for their move next week. It all seems so surreal! They've been here since before Levi was born and it has seemed we would always live just 2 min away from each other. But now, here they are getting ready to move to another state. I've been trying not to think about what that is going to mean. =(
On a more mundane note...I'm trying to spend today cleaning and doing laundry. (Can't you tell. =) As hectic as it has been this week, my laundry is a thing of nightmares. So much to do; so little time! Tomorrow is Sunday and I need to have some desserts made for Pete and Holly's farewell party after evening church, besides the usual preparations a Sunday requires. And then Mon. is Isaac's 7th birthday.
Plus!...I am hoping to have the kids end of school program on Friday. Although it will be purely symbolic as we will probably need to continue working through the summer. haha. We lost a lot of time this year here and there, and most recently with the wedding, but I have never had one and the kids are so excited! They have memorized poems, and the older ones are writing papers on a historical character of their choice, etc. Ought to be interesting at least! =)
Anyway, as I said before, I have tons to do, so I guess I had better stop blogging and start working. Have a great week end!

No comments: