Thursday, January 17, 2008

Thoughts

Usually, I blog about the kids and everyday stuff...but I've been thinking about this lately and wanted to just share some thoughts on marriage.
First being...I have an amazing husband. He is so sweet and steady, even when I'm all up and down and emotional. It sounds cliche' to say " God really knew what He was doing when He put us together" but He did. I think we underestimate the extent of His caring for us sometimes. The fact that He cares about every tiny and not-so-tiny detail of our lives.
I don't know about any of you but it seems to me I go through phases (if that's even the right word) in my life, spiritually as well as emotionally. Sometimes I feel so "on-track"(OK, I know, it's been awhile..but still) and focused and then other times it seems all I can do just to keep things going much less get anything accomplished. I've really thought about this, and I wonder if maybe the key is my focus. You know, God gives us priorities for a reason. When those priorities get out of whack nothing else goes right.
My biggest priority should be my husband (Ed). The Bible shows me this so clearly, and I know it, but sometimes I lose sight of that in practice and I haven't even realized until I look back later and see what has been happening. (And no it's not because Ed says anything to me, it's because I see myself where I've messed up.) It's so easy for us as women, with our responsibilities as mothers and daughters and sisters and friends, to get caught up it "the tyranny of the urgent" and allow ourselves to put our husbands in second or third place. But that is something we have to really make a conscious effort to not do.
I have this really great book called "Created to Be His Help Meet" and I've read it probably 2 or 3 times.. but I could read it several more and still not be "there". It's one of the best books on the subject that I know of and would recommend it to anyone. It's actually a really fun read but also VERY convicting. I've been refreshing myself with it lately and I guess that is one of the reasons all of this has been on my mind. Boy do I have some work to do.
Anyway, just wanted to share some of these thoughts with all of you.
P.S. My schedule is not really "sticking" yet. I guess that's why I started analyzing all this.=)

No comments: