Tuesday, January 8, 2008

New Year...new beginnings

One of my goals for this year is to get and keep more of a schedule than we have now. This past year has been spent just trying to keep my balance on what seemed like a roller coaster ride, and I'm hoping 2008 will be a little calmer. (I'm not holding my breath though.) In any case, things seem to have temporarily allowed me to catch my breath and get my house clean, for which I am truly thankful.
So far, my house is maintaining a semblance of sanity and my laundry (otherwise known as Mt. Saint Neverdone) is, for once, staying caught up. We have had 3 good days of school so far and I'm feeling optimistic.
I'm sure these sound like silly things to most of you, but for me to have all of this accomplished at the same time is nigh to a miracle and I'm thanking the Lord for it.
Some of the more fun things that I've been doing lately are reading up on pottery making ( I'm getting myself prepped) and learning to play the guitar. Ed surprised me with a post-Christmas gift of a beautiful guitar and I found a great book at the library to help me get started. It has been so much fun! I've been praying for one for awhile now. It will be great in helping the kids learn music too. They all can carry a tune really well and I'm hoping for violin lessons for some of them one of these days, but for now, this is a dream come true.
To all of you friends and family out there, I'm still hoping to get out a family picture soon. It will just be a New Year's picture now. =)
The kids really enjoyed our holiday celebrations this year and we had the chance to start some new traditions of our own. They are all growing and changing so fast, it amazes me. Kyla is changing the most right now, I guess. She is wiggling and squirming and blowing spit bubbles and "talking" so much. She seems to know everything that is going on around her and is such a contented baby for the most part. Unless, of course, she is hungry or needs changing.
Levi is, to say the least, a little busy-body. His curiosity gets him into almost more trouble than his big brown eyes can get him out of. Too smart (and cute) for his own good.
The other all never cease to surprise us with new accomplishments and make us laugh with their pranks (even if we have to hide our smiles while we spank). We are so blessed!
Praying this new year is bringing you lots of blessings and things to look forward to.

No comments: