Saturday, July 10, 2010

So thankful

I'm just laying here (yes, I'm aware of the time) waiting to skype with Ed before I go to sleep, and I'm just counting my blessings. Usually I tend to lay here and obsess about everything I didn't get done today, but "in everything give thanks", so I'm trying to start a new habit.
I was just thinking about the Bible study Priscilla and I have every Monday and what a blessing it has been. We've been reading through the book of 1 Samuel and then just discussing the things that we notice (or even at times other topics ;-), and we've also been memorizing the 1 ch of 1 Peter. We have about 5 verses left to finish the chapter, and even though we are always lamenting that we don't work on it as consistently as we intend to, we are doing more than we would otherwise. So that's very exciting and one of the reasons I'm thankful. I'm also very thankful for my sis...we've become very close over the past couple years and she is such a blessing to me. (This does not in anyway exclude any other family member(s), but she is just the one I was thinking of right now.) Love ya Scilla!
I was able to get some laundry this evening...I'm trying not to focus on what I didn't get done only what I did... 2 of the beds have cleans sheets and the bathroom and kitchen are mostly clean.
Oh, oh,...just remembered a huge happy. Asher now has a play yard and has been playing happily in it all day. We were able to get it on sale at Walmart last night (while I was on a hot date with my hubby;-) and I'm so thankful for it. He has gotten so mobile that I just wasn't feeling safe with him in the floor anymore. And it rolls...very convenient.
The aforementioned date was alot of fun. I always value uninterrupted time alone with Ed. (It's my best thing, as the kids would say.)
Also looking forward to tomorrow's services. You know, now that I'm writing it I realize that most of the time I don't take the time to "look forward" to the services until I'm actually in church and enjoying it. It's usually such a marathon of...washing hair, and bathing kids, and laying out clothes, and "oh, does everyone have clean underwear?" and " WHERE did that other shoe go?", etc. Speaking of which, I'm also thankful that everyone does have clean underwear and I did actually manage to find matches for everyone's shoes for tomorrow. Don't laugh, that is not to be underestimated!
Anyway, I need to get off here for now. I got me some skyping to do! (thankful for that too!)

No comments: