Thursday, April 15, 2010

Good-byes

We got to go down to Wiggins last night to hear Uncle Phil preach for the last time before they all head back to Chile. It was a bittersweet occasion, as all such occasions are. The message was such a blessing (it was actually Ed's first time to get to hear him preach) and it was wonderful to get to see all the kinfolk, as always. But later that evening there were many tears on all sides as we sent them off with prayer and lots of hugs. I know Aaron is going to especially miss Bryson, but hopefully they will get to email back and forth and keep in touch that way.
Daddy also dropped a surprise on us when he announced that they believe the Lord wants them back in Mozambique. They will be going back on tourist visas and just take it one step at a time but he's looking at leaving within a few months time. So driving home last night my head was sort of spinning trying to take it all in. I have gotten used the idea of them being here for awhile..living just down road and all of us (brothers and sisters) living close by. I know we've all said "let's enjoy this while we can because it won't last forever" but I guess in my mind I was still thinking it would last for quite awhile longer. And while I'm thrilled that they are doing the Lord's work I know I'm going to miss them so much! (Here I am crying again just thinking about it.)
Anyway...as Priscilla pointed out, we have had 1 year and a half already so I am very thankful for that. And the Lord holds the future for us all. Isn't that a blessed thought? We have Him to hold our hands every step of the way.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a blessing to have the ones you love on the same side, serving the Lord! Sis Teresa