Thursday, March 29, 2012

Wyatt at one week old

Wyatt is doing so great at one week! We just weighed him and he is 10 lbs 2 oz, so he has barely lost anything at all! He eats like a horse and is just a calm, sweet little guy. The children are loving him, of course and Asher always comes to check on him first thing every morning!
  Aaron got to spend 2 days with a close friend the first part of the week and Priscilla came last night and got my middle 5 children to spend a couple days with her. I'm not sure what to do with my house being so quiet, but I'm glad for the kids' sake. They have all worked so hard these last several weeks to keep the house running (esp. the older ones) and are now getting a little fun time. Ed has been tireless in   everything he has been doing since baby was born. Not only has he been seeing to the cooking and laundry, but he has been building a coop for our chickens and tending our seedlings and building our garden beds.
  Oh, yeah....about that. Lol. So much has been happening I forgot to tell you all that we have 9 chickies. We got them one week before Wyatt was born and they are now ready to move to the back yard. All 9 are going to be laying hens and I believe we have 3 different breeds: 3 Americana, 3 Buff Orpington, and 3 Bard Rock. The kids have loved tending to them! Between the chickens and the garden I can't wait to see what our harvest will be! Anyway...chicken pictures will be in the next post. =)







P.S. I've had several request for more details on Wyatt's birth so I guess I'll be writing his birth story soon. You'll have to forgive me for delaying it....I need a little more time to recover before I can be very objective about it. ;) 
Thanks for checking in!
                                     

No comments: