Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Post-Christmas doings

Hello all! Hope your Christmas was as wonderful as ours.
 As you can see...I have already begun some of the updates to my blog. Today actually was mostly spent doing just that. I tried working on my own computer and finally had to resort to borrowing Ed's (bless him) as mine is just too slow. =(  Now I don't want to go back to mine. hehehe.
  Anyway, hope you all like the improvements as much as I do. I have lots more pics I plan to upload and hope to continue working on my "pages".
  I did manage to clean both my refrigerators top to bottom and do some laundry as well today, so I don't feel quite so guilty about spending all this time on the computer. It has actually been a nice, relaxing, lazy time since Christmas.
  We celebrated a day early (as in on Saturday) as Ed had to go to work Christmas Day, but none of us minded a bit. I had planned to have the kids matching p.j.s ready for Friday evening so they could wear them "Christmas" morning, but ended up sewing on them into the wee hours of the morning as they were my very last project to get done. It was fine...I just lined them up on the couch for the kids to put on when they woke up. I think I told some of you how I found this cute set of king size flannel sheets at Hudson's for $10 and knew immediately it was destined to be pajamas for the kids. I just made them all matching bottoms and picked up some solid tops from Old Navy on sale. They really did look adorable and the kids have LOVED them to death. Stockings and then the gifts. All of which were wonderful hits with each child. Then we had Aunt Carol, Josh, Rachel, and Anna Laurie for Christmas dinner that evening. I made turkey, dressing, broccolli casserole, corn and mini apple pies, fruit salad and cheesecake for dessert.
  The rest of the week since then has been spent in large part just recovering from the sleep deprivation (for me), and letting the kids enjoy their new toys.
  We are headed to Wiggins tomorrow for one last Christmas party and then hopefully soon I can get our Christmas pictures uploaded from all our festivities.

   Well, it's way late and I must say "Good-night". Later all!
                                                          

2 comments:

Julia said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE!! All the new changes!! SO cute! The kids get cuter every time I see them =) Cant wait for all the pix.
Miss Y'all!!!!!
Love ya!

Janell said...

Hey Jecca,
The new layout is adorable!!!! I have to come and look at that picture of Asher every day or so!! Love the kitten at his side. Looking forward to more posts... I didn't even have to remind you! :-)

Love you a TON!!!