Friday, August 5, 2011

So Blessed

 Ever once in a while, I will look at someone else's life and feel the teensiest bit jealous. It seems they have it all together. Dream home, perfect schedule...etc. And then I look at my 7 blessings and am so ashamed that I'm not content with what we have. The Lord has blessed me beyond measure...and all the material things in the world could not take their place. We do have a cozy home...far more than many other people have. We actually have indoor plumbing and electricity. We have more than enough food to eat. We are healthy. And we have each other. ( I don't mean just our immediate family either, but all our extended family, and friends who are like family, and our church family...) Like I said...soooo blessed!
 Granted, I would not turn down a big old house (with more than one bathroom =) if it was given to us. lol. But truly, that is not what makes you happy. That comes from being thankful, and knowing you are right where you are supposed to be!!
 Even as I type I have seven wiggly little bodies all squeezing on my bed, with their newest library books, each one wrestling for the best position... and I can't help but smile.
                                      

No comments: