Saturday, February 12, 2011

Busy week (for a change)

I've been telling myself for the past week or so that I needed to post again and I just haven't gotten around to it. I've been trying for the past few weeks to get de-cluttered and organized (yet again) and we finally finished up the last of that last week. I had originally planned a yard sale but with everything that has happened and as cold as it has stayed we just decided to donate it all to Goodwill. I don't really have a place to store it, and the whole point of de-cluttering is to get it OUT of the house. I am enjoying having a home for everything and even an overflow place in the shed. I can actually turn around out there and find stuff. I mean I have tubs with labels on them. How cool is that?
Inside the house we have unmixed the kids rooms and given the girls and boys back their rooms. Asher has joined the boys now and it's strange not having a baby bed in my room.
We had planned all of this before the miscarriage, to make more space, but it is working out in any case, because with Mom and Daddy coming home for Scilla's wedding, I will have lots more floor space for air mattresses and pallets.
Speaking of wedding....that has been a fun item on the to do list. Holly and I have been helping her with little details Stateside that she can't take care of herself. And having a ball doing it! I do still have some dresses to finish (Ok.. to be honest I've barely started the first one) before the wedding. In fact, I had a stress dream the other night that it was an hour before the wedding and I suddenly realized that I hadn't made any of the dresses and everyone was looking at me wondering where they were. I woke up so panicked it took awhile for Ed to calm me down. lol.
I have the best husband ever... he has helped me so much. I wouldn't have gotten any of the de-cluttering done without his help. And he has started wood working again and is making me furniture. !!!!!! So excited about that. The swing set for the kids for Christmas sort of got him started again and he is enjoying it so much. The boys are loving it too... they get to help. So far he has made the swing set, a picnic table, and a toybox for the boys. He has so many projects on his to do list though...that's just the beginning. =)
Well, I would write more but I have a dress fitting this after noon and I want to make sure the living room looks decent.

3 comments:

Kami Gimenez said...

Priscilla is getting married?! Wow! I didn't know? Who's the guy? And when's the date?

Unknown said...

I'm jealous of your de-cluttered house! We have been meaning to get that done as well but it probably won't happen until I'm on maternity leave in March. I have over a month of leave before having the baby so I should be able to get quite a bit done. I look forward to the freeing feeling you are experiencing!

I meant to comment on your last post when you mentioned your miscarriage. I'm so sorry for your loss and pray that your family is well on the path of healing. I have never suffered a miscarriage and can't imagine how painful it must be. You have beautiful children and I don't know how you manage them all! I completely admire you! I feel like I'm going to pull my hair out with one and can't imagine having two! lol

That's awesome that your husband does wood working. I wish mine did something like that! I wouldn't mind taking a class myself just to learn some basic handy things for around the house.

JeccaB said...

Kami, the wedding is April 16th and she is marring a guy from Central (although only since last May)...Cody Reddoch. His family is from around Laurel I think. Really sweet guy! We are so happy!
Steph, thank you so much. The Lord's grace is truly sufficient. For everything I face daily and otherwise. I couldn't do it without Him. As far as pulling your hair out goes...I just hide my bald patches really well. hahaha. I think you will be surprised at how naturally your new little one will fit in. You won't be able to remember what it was like before. Congratulations, by the way, I know you are excited. There are definite bonuses to having them close together. I mean you are already in diaper changing mode, you are used to the messes, it really gives your arms a workout hefting a carseat and a toddler plus gear so you really stay toned....etc. =)
I'll be praying for you. You'll do great! When is your due date?