Thursday, May 6, 2010

I should...

I should be in bed...or at least in the bath getting ready for bed but I haven't been on here all week so I wanted to get a quick post in.
It's been an eventful week...between Asher teething, another round of allergy induced runny noses, and school (Yes, we got some done. More on that in a minute) my house looks like a train ran though it. Or maybe just 6 kids. We tried to clean some this evening, but even with all that the only place that looks decent is the bathroom. Hey, that's something anyway! I have been getting naps every day (planned and unplanned.lol) because last night was the first time since last Friday that Asher slept more than a couple hours. Bless his little heart, he has been miserable, but, thank the Lord, I think the worst is over.
So back to why we got school done this week. haha. I know that sounds funny but it's true. Ed had promised Aaron that he would take him canoeing this Friday, but since he still getting his school done I told him if it wasn't done in time he couldn't go. Closely following that he got an invitation to a birthday party at Laser Mania for next week, also conditional on him completing his school goals. Let me tell you I have NEVER seen a child more motivated. In a day and a half he has completed an entire week's worth of work and started on next week's. Letter perfect. Not one time have I heard "Mom, I just don't get this!" You can't imagine my delight. Now I'm just trying to figure out how to get it to happen again. =) Maybe this will help him realize that if he gets his goals done he will have lots of free time. I sure hope so. As it is we have to keep working through the summer (boo.=() But I'm really hoping it won't be as daunting as I'm expecting it to be. I had soooo hoped to have the summer off, but we just haven't been able to get it done.
Well, I gotta scoot and go get my bath...in case you are wondering why I'm taking one at 12:30 at night it's so I can get completely clean, wash my hair, and shave both my legs at the same time.
Goodnight!

No comments: